Friday, October 8, 2010

Who's Toulouse?





I received a call last month from a lovely woman at the charming gallery "A Little Room for Art" on St Pete Beach...the town I grew up in. Little Room is a ten year old art co-op that I've been a part of for almost that long. Mary asked me if I'd like to be the featured artist for October to display original art...and excited "sure" came out of my mouth...words not attached to my brain...not grocking how much work it was going to be to create at least 12 pieces of new art in a very short period of time...so now you know why I haven't had a blog entry for a month!!! I love the Little Room. When you get out of the car your eyes meet the Gulf of Mexico in a stones throw from the entrance and your lungs are filled with the smell of clean, salt air. Upon entering the gallery you are met by Toulouse, the resident cockatiel. He is always ready for a ride on your shoulder. Since it's a co-op you never know which member will greet you. It's always fun to find out what art belongs to which co-op member. If you stretch your arms out wide you can almost touch both walls of the gallery...just a slight exaggeration ...the long thin space has three rooms and then an adorable outdoor patio...and although small in stature...the gallery is big on visual delights....If you are ever in the Tampa Bay area take the time to go to Pass-a-Grille and visit A Little Room for Art...you can even take a sunset cruise at the end of the 8th street block...it is certainly one of my favorite ways to spend a day.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this accomplishment!!! I hope to be there one day. Love your work... your display looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous display! You did that in a month??? Incredible accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a lovely gallery! and i adore your new work! 12 pieces! oh my! they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun place. Congratulations for cranking out all that new art. I hope it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much...yes, it was fun and always more work than I think..it's so easy to create things in our heads..right..and then to execute the final piece can translate into dinner not getting to the table...laundry stacking up...and a constant hunt for things that get buried in the studio...

    ReplyDelete